IT Solutions Implementation Methodology
For effective management of business projects (IT projects), Consulting for Retail uses international practices and methodologies for managing projects of varying complexity and size, regardless of customer`s industry.
The main 6 accents and principles of the project activities of Consulting for Retail:
- The practical step-by-step guide for successful project management of any size.
- The flexible method that can be adapted to any organization or role involved in project management.
- Mandatory reason for the launch and management of the project. If not, the project should be closed.
- The project team has an explicit organizational structure with a prerequisite for attracting the right people to the right tasks.
- The rule for project teams on both sides is that people working within the project must have sufficient authority for effective project work.
- Focus on results and quality.
According to the results of several studies conducted in Europe and the CIS, the success of implementing any automation systems by 30-40% depends on the competence of the team of integrators and their knowledge (based on real cases, benchmarks and "best practices") in the corresponding subject area. There are not only IT specialists among our consultants but also practical experts who have deep practical knowledge in the industry, which distinguishes Consulting for Retail in contrast. Success in the implementation of any IT-system, including and specialized, which has extensive capabilities (a large number of different management options), primarily depends on the knowledge that the integration team should be able to transfer to the customer’s management.
Thus, within each of our business projects, we very carefully approach the formation of the project team and the creation of a positive and productive system of interaction with the Customer’s management team. In particular, within the framework of the project for the implementation of IT solutions, Consulting for Retail is represented by Solution Architect, Project Manager, Application Consultant for the software package, Business Consultant, Programmer for Configuring Interfaces, etc.
Also, the company is invited to the Customer in parallel to create a Governing Council - a special supervisory governing body with the function of a "sponsor" of the project, which will approve all significant proposals related to the implementation and / or changes in the project, and be responsible for determining and implementing the project schedule (including for providing the necessary conditions and resources both from Consulting for Retail and within the Customer’s company).